Today is Tuesday. You are back into the grind of another week. Tuesdays can be hard. If it is a rough, long day, it is really rough and long because the end of the week is still so very far away!
I hope today is not one of those days for you. As a matter of fact, don’t let it be. Take charge of this Tuesday. Make it yours! Don’t let stress and worries drag it down and away from you. Keep finding the positive. Keep remembering your goal (your students) and keep moving towards it.
- Find a way to work with difficult students.
- Check some things off of your “to-do” list.
- Clean a pile or two off of your desk.
- Get engagement from your students, no matter what it takes.
- Get some student to connect “A” to “B”…and do so on their own.
- Have a breakthrough with a student.
- Try a new strategy.
- Master an old tried strategy.
- Make students know they are smart.
- Give a hug or two.
- Write some notes to make people feel awesome.
- Give lots and lots of high-fives.
- Look in the mirror and remind yourself of your awesome.
- Put some non-priorities on the back burner.
- Focus, focus, focus on students and what they need.
- Help students get just a little better at learning on their own.
- Do something.
- Help someone.
- Be awesome.
Today is Tuesday. It is your day. Make it yours. Don’ let it slip away!
Here is my second attempt at an encouraging and/or motivational video. I like this one a lot better than the first. Have a watch and then share it with other teachers you think could use a shot of awesome!
So, Tuesday Teacher, remember that your awesome! You are awesome. You have awesome. Be awesome and share awesome with every student, teacher, parent, family member, administrator, support staff member you see…and be awesome to yourself.
You are amazing! Today will be yours. It is yours. I know you will make it yours! You are going to make a difference for at least one person today…probably more. I love the way you care so much for the people around you, especially your students. Show that care today. I know you will! Keep on teaching, you wonderful Teacher, you!
PS…Here is the first video, in case you missed it. Motivational ABCs – The Movie!