Great Saturday morning to you! I hope you are relaxing off your week and getting ready for another one! I just wanted to announce a few things this morning. I think you really like one of the announcements!
- Later today or tomorrow I will be starting a series of posts that I will put up on the weekends. The Secret Occupations of Teachers, or S.O.o.T. for short. I will be talking about some of the things that we do that most people don’t know and how being a teacher is not just about teaching. I will acknowledge one of our “other jobs,” encourage you in that “job,” and give you a little challenge in your role in that “job.” I am excited about starting this, and I hope you will enjoy reading them and find a lot of encouragement from them!
- I am repeating the push for sharing the Dear Teacher/Love Teacher Facebook Page this weekend that I did last weekend. The more people that here the messages of hope, the further this Teacher Encouragement revolution will spread! If you haven’t “Liked” the page, please do and join us! If you have or after you do, share! Share, share, share the page with everyone you know involved in education! Let’s see how far we can push this in one weekend! The number of page members tripled last week, let’s see if we can do that again!
- This might be a motivation for you to want to join and share the Dear Teacher/Love Teacher Facebook Page. Tomorrow I am going to announce a giveaway there! The number of winners will be determined by the number of “Likes” on the page and the number of people who participate in the contest. For every 25 Likes on the FB page, there will be one winner in the giveaway. “Like” and share! The more the merry…who is not merrier when then win something?!
- A quick note on the Dear Teacher/Love Teacher Facebook Page that might motivate you to “Like,” if you haven’t: I am going to start doing a majority of the promoting of the blog there and on Twitter. I am going to leave the Edmodo promoting more up to you. I would love to have each of you share the blog with your Connections and one Community that you are in each day! I would also love to have one person in charge of promoting in each of the main communities. I call dibs on Science! 🙂
- Last but not least, I have finished another resource for the Teachers Pay Teachers Store, and I am very excited about this one! It is a printable note based on the image on this post. I don’t know if you can tell, but the “I Heart Your Awesomeness” image is my favorite one so far! The note is in a series of PDF files and four manipulable Word documents. The note is in a variety of sizes and comes as both B&W and color images. You can print and then use space to write a quick note and pass it on to a teacher or student to encourage and give hope! I plan on using these myself. I am so excited to just have them for myself. The Note of Awesomeness is on sale for $1 (28 printable pages for $1 is not bad at all…I’ve paid more than that for one thank you note!).
Thank you for indulging me in making these announcements! I hope you have an amazing weekend! Look for the S.O.o.T. post later today or tomorrow as well as more information about the Facebook giveaway!
You are an awesome and amazing teacher. Keep on teaching, Teacher!