As you may have noticed, the last week and a half on the blog has been guest posts by other people. I have taken a break from school and school-related activities and others have stepped in as “Substitute Teachers.” I am very grateful for the work they have put in to writing and promoting their posts. They have done a great job! Thank you, Substitute Teachers!
For reasons that I will bring up tomorrow, today is the last day of my hiatus from blogging (and teaching/planning). I decided to make today’s post a “clip show” of the Substitute posts so that you have a chance to read and see something you may have missed while I was out. This post is like a “subway station” of the guest posts. I am also going to make this a quick and easy homework assignment. Read at least three of these posts, pick your favorite, comment on it, and then share it (Facebook, Edmodo, Twitter, etc…). I will be nice and not assign a due date. 🙂
Enjoy and share the hard work of my Substitute Teachers!
- Teaching as a Lifestyle – How great teachers go the extra mile because teaching is more than a job.
- Just Keep Moving (in the right direction) – The art of being happy and not giving up but moving forward when things are rough.
- Why (Did I Become a Teacher)? – This was the most popular post while I was out (it was shared as many times as my most popular posts) and it is about remembering why you became a teacher in the first place. Great post!
- The Imagination Box – Why creativity might be the most important and vital tool of teachers.
- Courage and Trying Again – Teaching is about courage and never giving up, ever.
- A Teacher “Prayer” – A quote and thoughts that remind us about the blessings and challenges of being a teacher.
- The Take Care of You Challenge – A challenge for taking care of yourself during the summer and breaks so that you can be a better teacher for your students.
Alright, don’t forget to do your homework! I hope you enjoy each of these as much as I have!
Teacher, you are so awesome! You are going to do something great today, if your are still teaching or on summer break. People with the teacher’s heart do amazing things every day…and you are one of those people. Go out there and awesome the heck out of today! Keep on teaching, Teacher!