Good morning! Well, last month and yesterday I encouraged you to celebrate the little things about your teaching and students to help you stay focused when the going get tough. When I first posted about this, I celebrated some of the “little things” about this blog, but I did not yesterday. I really need to. Now that I am in the heat of planning some big dreams for next year, trying to find fresh ideas to write is not as easy.
As a teacher, I am encouraged and all but required to be a data analyzer (it helps that this a part of science, and I am a science teacher). So when I look at the numbers for the blog, Facebook page, Twitter feed, and Teachers Pay Teachers store, I tend to get to discouraged when those numbers are not growing consistently…which is the same thing I feel about student test scores and grades throughout the year. The lack of growth adds to the stress of coming up with new and innovative ways to spread encouragement and hope to you and to others through you.
I need to stop stress and remember why I started this whole thing and then take a look at the numbers from that perspective and start having some little (and big) celebrations over those things. I have only been doing this for about six and a half weeks, and the growth of this blog and encouragement movement in that little bit of time is phenomenal! I need to just keep doing what I am doing and not care about the numbers!
That said, let me celebrate some of the “numbers” and good things that are going on with Dear Teacher/Love Teacher…
- In just 6.5 weeks (1.5 of them I was gone for), the site is approaching 19,000 views…that is insane in such a short time! Thank you for reading and sharing!
- The Homepage/Archives, along, has had nearly 3,000 views! That is huge!
- One post, Why (Did I Become a Teacher)?, has had 700 views by itself! It was one of the guest blogs during my sabbatical time from the site.
- The Thank You Note You May Never Get is another post that is nearing 700 views (and growing a little more each day)!
- Two other posts have over 550 views! (Friday of Awesomeness and The Eye of the Teacher…er…Tiger)
- The blog itself (not counting Facebook and Twittter followers) has 79 followers (33 bloggers and 46 through email). This does not count RSS followers, because I am not currently tracking that. This is an amazing number! Thank you for following and thinking this is important enough to follow!
- There have been 279 shares so far (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Email, and WordPress Blogs)! That is a big part of the success of the blog, your shares! Thank you so much for sharing the encouragement with others! That is kind of the point of this whole thing!
- In less than a month, there has been 133 Likes for the Dear Teacher/Love Teacher FB Page! Thank you!
- The number of likes almost tripled over the weekend because of people sharing! Thanks so much!
- The FB page has allowed me to share other forms of encouragement besides blog posts, and that has given me some freedom from the stress of new ideas for the blog. This is quite great for me!
- There are currently 61 Twitter followers! Thank you for following!
- Twitter has given me new ways to connect with you and for people to share what is going on here!
- I have also been allowed to find a great deal of sources to share with you to help give you hope, encouragement, and challenges to make you a better teacher. I have enjoyed getting to know Twitter a bit!
Teachers Pay Teachers Store
- Getting this set up and learning the ropes has been a slight challenge for me, but I think I finally have it figured out!
- The Dear Teacher/Love Teacher Store is now officially re-opened! It is a place for you to get some real resources to help you be a source and conduit of hope for teachers and students at your school and where ever you go!
- All of my picture messages up until Tuesday (I think) are now available as a free resource at the store! They are the original images that you can use to print and share with other teachers!
- I have created an “Awesome Note” that comes in a variety of sizes (both b&w and color, too) that you can print and use to send messages of hope and encouragement to those who need them. This is on sale for $1 for a limited time!
- These are the only two available items right now, but I am working on more!
Well, all I can say is thank you! This has been an amazing ride for the last six and half months, and I look forward to many, many more! Thank you, again, for supporting and joining this encouragement revolution!
You are so awesome! I am honored to help encourage you as you give out your awesome to others! You are an amazing teacher. As always, keep on teaching, Teacher!
Here some quick encouragement for you, since my post probably encouraged me more than you! 🙂 Thank you, Teachers!